The Bahl Lab at the Institute for Protein Innovation (IPI) in Boston is recruiting Postdoctoral Fellows. We use protein design to accelerate drug discovery and to engineer new lead therapeutic molecules. In addition to traditional academic collaborations, we work closely with pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as venture capital firms.
We are looking for translationally-minded scientists who want their work to have a direct impact on the world. We will provide training in computational protein design using Rosetta, including de novo protein design and the design of protein function and biophysical properties. Postdoctoral Fellows at IPI leverage our high-throughput automated laboratory infrastructure.
We are especially excited to expand our work in the following research areas:
- prediction and design of protein developability for therapeutic applications
- engineering of de novo miniprotein/peptide lead therapeutics for oncology, infectious disease, hypertension and diabetes, etc.
- antibody design, including de novo paratope design
- enzyme design
Strong candidates will have demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following:
- protein biochemistry: protein production and biophysical characterization, enzymology
- structural biology: cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography, NMR
- immuno-oncology: cell culture models, fluorescence activated cell sorting
- traditional protein engineering: directed evolution, library construction, yeast and/or phage display
- computational biology: machine learning, data science, molecular dynamics and/or modeling
If you are excited to join a team of protein designers working to tackle audacious projects aimed directly at improving human health, please send your CV to: email@example.com
The Institute for Protein Innovation is a non-profit organization that is advancing protein science to accelerate research and improve human health. The Institute is located at Harvard Medical School. IPI uniquely combines the freedom of academic exploration with the high-throughput scaling of industry to take on transformative protein-based initiatives that no other laboratory or organization can or will pursue. IPI is deploying state-of-the-art technologies to build a repository of powerful protein tools and reagents and share them through licensing and collaboration. These will enable new biomedical and therapeutic discovery for researchers in academia and industry alike. This constellation of vanguard technology and expertise positions IPI to train the next generation of entrepreneurs and protein scientists to lead the discovery of new medicines.
The IPI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status, etc. Candidates from underrepresented backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.